Charak Samhita Research, Training and Skill Development Centre
The centre team works for research, training, and skill development based upon the concept and practices of Charak Samhita.
About Charak Samhita New Edition
Charak Samhita is Ayurveda’s definitive treatise. It is the most referenced text by students, scholars, teachers, physicians and researchers in the field of Ayurveda and medical systems. It has the unique distinction of being the only text available worldwide on restorative science. It emphasizes on the promotion of health and prevention of disease as the actual solution for controlling diseases, which is especially relevant in modern times. Further, it also seriously dwells upon the concept of healthy aging and longevity, as described in Swastha Chatushka and Rasayana chapters.
The objective of this project is to provide updated edition of Charak Samhita. It includes original Sanskrit verses, its comprehensive English translation, Fundamental principles(Tattva Vimarsha) from each of its 120 Adhyaya(chapters) across eight sections, as well as Applied Inferences(Vidhi Vimarsha).
This is a collaborative platform to contribute and learn basics of healthcare management system in Ayurveda. We invite healthcare providers to contribute this body of knowledge updating content.Read more .....
The Charak Samhita Research, Training and Skill Development Centre is established in 2019 in collaboration with Institute for Post Graduate Teaching and Research in Ayurveda (Now I.T.R.A.), Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar through a Memorandum of Understanding between FHED India trust, Delhi and I.P.G.T. & R.A. Jamnagar approved by Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India.
This centre is based upon the Charak Samhita New Edition Project.
Vision and Mission
Conventional medicine or allopathic medicine has, over the past few decades, made significant strides in the area of disease management. However, in spite of the significant breakthroughs that it has witnessed, modern medicine continues to be primarily an “offense strategy” for managing ailments. It does not stress upon disease prevention because the etiology of chronic diseases is unknown. In contrast to this, Ayurveda (Knowledge of Life) system primarily utilizes the “defence strategy” in health management- as detailed and described in the treatise. Ayurveda prescribes a holistic approach towards managing health, and diseases and is very pertinent in today’s world. However, the treatise in its existing form needs to be updated in today’s context, and for a wider audience. Realizing this critical need, Charak Samhita New Wiki Edition and Update initiative was conceptualized in 2013. Read more..
The main objective of the centre is to facilitate research on Charak Samhita and continuously update the live edition to make it the most recent and contemporary scientific text.
2.Promote Ayurveda as one of the best Preventive Healthcare Systems available.
- Create research based scholarly articles on important topics of healthcare as available on Concepts and Contemporary Practices
- Create and continuously update Charak Samhita to make it most contemporary edition and its publication as available on Contents
- Sponsor research fellowships to bright scholars like Charak Research Fellowships, Prof. M.S.Baghel Memorial Research Fellowships at Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda, Jamnagar, India
- Organize Educational talk series on health and other important social issues
- Organize competitions on important topics like essay competition on health
- Organize meetings of editors and advisors
- Make audio-visual presentations by healthcare professionals and Ayurveda scholars
- Conduct conferences and workshops, social awareness programs on healthcare
- Translations of articles and transcriptions of videos
- Support affiliated institutional researches
Recent activity - National Level Essay Competition
The ITRA in collaboration with CSRTSDC has organized a national level essay competition. The detail brochure can be downloaded from File:Charakopasana National Essay Competition 2022.pdf.
- Dr. Gopal Basisht, Project Director, Charak Samhita New Edition Orlando, Florida, USA
- Prof. Dr. Anup Thakar, Director, I.T. R.A., Jamnagar, India
- Prof. Dr. Yogesh Shamrao Deole, Executive Editor, Professor in Kayachikitsa, G.J.Patel Institute of Ayurvedic Studies and Research, New Vallabh Vidyanagar, Anand, Gujarat, India
- Mr. Biju John, PPS (IT) I.T.R.A., Jamnagar, India
- Mr. Jaydeep Kotecha, Website Developer, India
- Mr. Sandip Bhagyoday, Website Developer, India
- All contributors of Charak Samhita New Edition Project
- Dr.Aneesh E.G., Charak Research Fellow, I.T.R.A., Jamnagar, India [January 2020-March 2022]
- Dr.Anagha S., Charak Research Fellow, I.T.R.A., Jamnagar, India [January 2020 - December 2021]
The logistics and expenses incurred in the project are fully funded by FHED (India) trust, Delhi, India. The trust supports all activities related to Charak Samhita New Edition Project and Charak Samhita Research, Training and Skill Development Centre (CSRTSDC).
Your financial support will help us to grow further. If you are willing to support the activities and donate, please see the link for donation.
Content use policy
The content on this website and Charak Samhita New Edition are available for academic and learning purpose only. Due credit and attribution must be given and the work must be cited properly while using the content for academic and educational purpose in any form. The use of content for preparing mobile applications, or publish it in any other form is strictly prohibited. For any permissions and queries related to the use of content, communicate to firstname.lastname@example.org.