Jump to navigation Jump to search
It means causative factor. The broad meaning of Nidana includes diagnosis and knowledge of disease. The section Nidana Sthana deals with knowledge of disease in detail.
- Hetu - purpose ,reason, intention
- nimitta-shakuna(omen or prognostic), instrumental or efficient cause, target, indication
- ayatana-means the site which provide shelter.
- karta -perpetrator; that which act as cause of disease
- karana-fundamental cause
- pratyaya-cause used in terms of faith also
- samutthana- the origin of disease
Nidana is of three types:
- Asatmyendriyarthasamyoga (unsuitable contact of sense organs with their objects)
- Pragyaparadha (intellectual errors or knowingly engaging in harmful activities), and
- Kala (time, seasonal, temporal factors).