Categories of Indriya
There are total eleven Indriya in human being.
- Five sense organs that work for perception of knowledge termed as 'dnyanendriya'.
- Five motor organs that work for gross motor functions termed as 'karmendriya'.
- 'Mana' (mind) is termed as 'atindriya' as it works as super sense and co-ordinates with intellectual faculty and soul.
The status of vitality of a human being can be assessed through Indriya. Hence, the section Indriya Sthana deals with assessment of vitality and observation of fatal signs or dreadful features of disease.
Page under development process
- Sanskrit-English Dictionary available from http://spokensanskrit.org/index.php?mode=3&script=hk&tran_input=Indriya&direct=au retrieved on April 19, 2019
- Commentary by Chakrapani on Cha.Indriya 1/1-2 available on http://niimh.nic.in/ebooks/ecaraka/?mod=adhi retrieved on April 19, 2019