First International Essay Competition'2020 on Health and Ayurveda
Final results and winning essays
The winners and final results of competition are declared. The award ceremony was organized on May 09, 2021. The winner essays can be read on the following links.
|Atreya Award: Rs. 51000/- and certificate||Dr. Sahara Shrestha, Ayurvedic Doctor, Astanga Ayurvedic Hospital & Research Centre, Nepal||Atreya Award Winner Essay|
|Agnivesha Award: Rs. 21000/- and certificate||Dr. Barathiraja S., M.V.Sc. Ph.D. Assistant Professor, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education and Research, Puducherry, India||Agnivesha Award Winner Essay|
|Charak Award: Rs. 11000/- and certificate||Dr. Niranjan Ram, Post Graduate Scholar, All India Institute of Ayurveda, New Delhi, India||Charak Award Winner Essay|
|Dridhabala Award: Consolation Prize of Rs. 5000/- and certificate||Dr. Sangeeta Jadhav, Ayurveda Practitioner, Navi Mumbai, India||Dridhabala Award Winner Essay - 1|
|Dridhabala Award: Consolation Prize of Rs. 5000/- and certificate||Dr. Neha Kothari, M.D.Kayachikitsa, Bhausaheb Mulak Ayurveda College, Nagpur, India||Dridhabala Award Winner Essay - 2|
|Dridhabala Award: Consolation Prize of Rs. 5000/- each and certificate||Dr. Sinimol. T.P., Research Officer-Ayurveda, Regional Ayurveda Research Institute for Lifestyle Related Disorders, Poojappura, Trivandrum, Under CCRAS, India||Dridhabala Award Winner Essay - 3|
We congratulate all winners. All winning essays will be published online after editing.
Date of submission of essays
The new time line for submission of essays was 15 November 2020.
Educational talk series on Health
The competition process has been re-initiated to invite revised essays and new entries too. In this regard, an educational talk series by experts was organized from August 04,2020 to August 08, 2020. The details of talks and videos are available on page of Educational talk series on Health. All scholars are encouraged to learn and compete in this competition.The details of assessment of earlier stage of competition can be seen on the discussion link of this page.
Process of next competition
- All participants of earlier competition are eligible to participate again.The registration fees is waived off for all the participants who have submitted their essays in this competition.
- Those participants who are willing to improve their essays, writing skills can download the shortcomings here. They can communicate the Charak Samhita Research Training and Skill Development Centre through email for further guidance and re-submission process.
- Educational videos on expected points by judges are available on Educational talk series on Health for all the participants for ready reference.
- Email: email@example.com
- Dr.Yogesh Deole, Project Co-ordinator, Charak Samhita New Edition Project
Information about the competition
The Charak Samhita Research, Training and Skill Development Centre (CSRTSDC) is established by FHED Trust, India in collaboration with Institute for Post Graduate Teaching and Research in Ayurveda afﬁliated to Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar. The live edition of Charak Samhita is published online on www.charaksamhita.com . Ayurveda, the knowledge of life, gives due importance to prevention and preservation of health. Emphasizing upon the concept of health and its application in current practice of Ayurveda and contemporary medicine, CSRTSDC is organizing an international essay competition. Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, has provided logo support to this event.
Future Scope and Strategies for Preservation of Health through Ayurveda
Expected sub-topics to be covered in essay
- Elaboration of concept of health in Ayurveda classics and other contemporary healthcare systems
- Components of health and their importance
- Practical guidelines for implementing concept of health in today's society
- Applied researches on preservation and protection of health
- Prevention of disease occurrence and recurrence
- Model healthcare system and its propagation
- Future strategies for preservation of health
- Atreya Award: Rs. 51000/- and certificate
- Agnivesh Award: Rs. 21000/- and certificate
- Charak Award: Rs. 11000/- and certificate
- Dridhabala Awards: Three Consolation Prizes of Rs. 5000/- each and certificates
- Participation certificate to all new participants.
Important information and dates
- Last date of submission of essay: 15 November 2020
- Registration fees for new participants: INR Rs.500/-
- Dr. Gopal Basisht, Director, Charak Samhita New Edition Project, FHED(India) Trust, Delhi
- Dr. Saroj Basisht, Patron, Charak Samhita New Edition Project, FHED(India) Trust, Delhi
- Prof. M. S. Baghel, Former Director, I.P.G.T.R.A., Jamnagar
- Prof. H. M. Chandola, Former Dean, I.P.G.T.R.A., Jamnagar
- Prof. S. K. Khandel, Former Professor, N.I.A., Jaipur
- Prof. R. B. Dwivedi, Former Dean, I.P.G.T.R.A., Jamnagar
- Prof. Anup Thakar, Director, I.P.G.T.R.A., Jamnagar
- Prof. Tanuja Nesari, Director, A.I.I.A., New Delhi
- Prof. Vd. K.S.Dhiman, Director General, C.C.R.A.S., New Delhi
- Prof. Sanjeev Sharma, Director, N.I.A., Jaipur
- Prof. Pawankumar Godatwar, Dean, Research- N.I.A., Jaipur
- Prof. J. S. Tripathi, Faculty of Ayurveda, I.M.S., B.H.U., Varanasi
- Dr. Yogesh Deole, Project Co-ordinator, Charak Samhita New Edition
Zonal Organizing Secretaries
- Dr. Galib, A.I.I.A., New Delhi
- Dr. Shivani Ghildiyal, A.I.I.A., New Delhi
- Dr. Swapnil Auti. F.I.M.S., S.G.T. University, Gurgaon
- Dr. Umesh Sapra, C.B.P.A.C.S., New Delhi
- Dr. Bharat Padhar, N.I.A., Jaipur
- Dr. Reetu Sharma, N.I.A., Jaipur
- Dr. Panchakshari Patil , C.C.R.A.S., New Delhi
- Prof. Ajay Kumar Pande, I.M.S., B.H.U., Varanasi
- Prof. P. S. Byadgi, I.M.S., B.H.U., Varanasi
- Dr. Binay Sen, I.M.S., B.H.U., Varanasi
- Dr. Shiromani Mishra, G.A.C., Ujjain
- Dr. Lokesh, G.A.C., Rewa
- Dr. Supriya Bhalerao, I.R.S.H.A., B.V.D.U., Pune
- Dr.Upendra Dixit, Dixit Ayurveda, Goa
- Dr. Sandeep Binorkar, G.A.C., Mumbai
- Dr. Vaishnavi Tengse, Gomantak Ayurveda College, Goa
- Dr. Sagar Bhinde, I.P.G.T.R.A., Jamnagar
- Dr. Anagha S. I.P.G.T.R.A., Jamnagar
- Dr.Manjula K., KLE’s B.M.K.Ayurveda College, Belagavi
- Dr. Jaydevan C.V., V.P.S.V. Ayurveda College, Kottakkal
- Dr. Shrikant Babu, B.R.K.R. Ayurveda College, Hyderabad
- Dr. Girish K.J., S.D.M. College of Ayurveda, Hassan
- Dr. Savita Sajjan, Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Hubballi
- Dr. A. Ramya, Astangam Ayurveda Vidhyapeetham, Palakkad
- Dr. Aneesh E.G., Kottakkal ,Kerala
- The competition is open to all under graduate, post graduate, Ph.D. scholars, registered healthcare providers, researchers and practitioners from streams of Ayurveda and Allopathy. There is no upper age limit for quality write ups in the competition.
- Essay should be Original, single authored, in MS Word ﬁle format typed in Times new roman font, size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
- The language shall be English only. Language shall be understood by the global community. Use of Sanskrit words shall be minimum. The word limit is maximum 5000 words excluding references.
- The authors shall include all expected topics with separate subheadings. They are free to present their ideas on the topic in the essay with proper in text references. The lacunae observed by judges in earlier essays and assessment sheet of distribution of marks can be referred for improvement in the content.
- The references from Ayurveda texts should be quoted at the end of the text as references only, and not within the text. The references from standard journals and publications shall be quoted as per AMA style of referencing. The guidelines for references are also available on www.charaksamhita.com.
- We adopt a policy of zero tolerance to plagiarism. All essays will undergo strict plagiarism check before sending it for review. The author should not submit any copyrighted material without proper permission. In such case, a separate permission letter shall be attached with the registration form. The author will solely be responsible for any issue arising out of copyright or conﬂict of interest of submitted essay.
- In order to follow a blind review system, identity should not be revealed in any form in the essay.
- The essays will be reviewed and assessed anonymously by the review panel of the Board. The decision of judges will be ﬁnal. No queries will be entertained after declaration of results. Successful candidates will be invited for the award ceremony.
- The Board of CSRTSDC reserves all rights to modify rules as and when needed.
The old participants need not to pay any registration fees. However they shall submit the earlier registration form only with revised essay file.
- Step I: The participant are required to enroll themselves through the online form on the link https://forms.gle/Cq5pyxwi5pZ9czTGA
- Step II: Download the pdf of registration form from the link Download Registration form, fill it and scan it.
- Step III: Pay the registration fees online in the account below:
- The registration fees of Rs.500/- shall be transferred through Wire Transfer / Internet Banking (NEFT/IMPS) / google pay etc. only to the account mentioned below:
- Account Name: FHED (India) Trust Account Number: 50100324257724 Bank Name: HDFC Bank
- Branch Address: E-6, Local Shopping Centre, Masjid Moth, Greater Kailash-2, New Delhi,110 048
- Type of account: Savings account IFSC : HDFC0000027
- The registration fees is non-refundable.
- Electronic copy of receipt of transfer shall be saved for future reference.
Following three documents shall be submitted through email firstname.lastname@example.org as attachment on or before 15 November 2020.
- Essay file in MS word format
- Scan copy of duly filled and signed registration form
- Electronic copy of payment receipt (only for new participants)
- The awarded essays will be included in the online edition of www.charaksamhita.com and www.symbiohealth.com as per suggestions of the editorial panel.
The guidelines for references are available here.