Dr. Gopal Basisht is a senior rheumatologist who practiced for more than 50 years in Orlando, Florida, USA. He practiced as specialist in internal medicine for 10 years and rheumatologist for 40 years. He graduated for medical education (M.B.B.S.) from Government Medical College, Patiala, India. He completed post graduate education with M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) degree from Maulana Azad medical college, Delhi, India. He is a keen observer of current healthcare system and striving to provide a better healthy society to the globe. After learning fundamental principles of Ayurveda, he coined the term ‘Symbiohealth’.
He envisioned the betterment of society through initiating a project on contemporary edition of Charak Samhita- Ancient healthcare treatise of Ayurveda with the help of eminent personalities of Ayurveda. He is the initiator and Chief Editor of new edition of Charak Samhita. He has founded the Charak Samhita Research, Training and Skill Development Centre in collaboration with Institute for Post Graduate Teaching and Research in Ayurveda, Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar.
- Utilization of Ayurveda in health care: an approach for prevention, health promotion, and treatment of disease. Part 1--Ayurveda, the science of life.J Altern Complement Med. 2007 Nov;13(9):1011-9. doi: 10.1089/acm.2007.7017-A
- Utilization of Ayurveda in health care: an approach for prevention, health promotion, and treatment of disease. Part 2--Ayurveda in primary health care.J Altern Complement Med. 2007 Dec;13(10):1135-50. doi: 10.1089/acm.2007.7017-B
- Symbiohealth-Need of the hour. Ayu. 2011 Jan;32(1):6-11. doi: 10.4103/0974-8520.85715.
- Exploring progression of Ayurveda. Ayu. 2011 Oct;32(4):445-7. doi: 10.4103/0974-8520.96112.
- Management of rheumatoid arthritis (Aamavata) using symbiohealth healthcare system. Ayu. 2012 Oct;33(4):466-74. doi: 10.4103/0974-8520.110513.
- Exploring insights towards definition and laws of health in Ayurveda: Global health perspective. Ayu. 2014 Oct-Dec;35(4):351-5. doi: 10.4103/0974-8520.158975.