The references should be numbered consecutively in order in which they are first mentioned in the text (not in alphabetic order) and placed as endnote. In the text they should be indicated above the line (super scripted). Ex. Use the style of the examples mentioned below, which are based on the formats used by the NLM in Index Medicus. The titles of journals should be abbreviated according to the style used in Index Medicus. Use complete name of the journal for non-indexed journals. Avoid using abstracts as references.
The commonly cited types of references are shown here:
- 1 Articles in Journals
- 2 Books and Other Monographs
- 3 Electronic Sources as reference
Articles in Journals
Deole YS, Ashok BK, Shukla VJ, Ravishankar B, Chandola HM. Psychopharmacological Study on Antidepressant effect of Brahmi Ghrita. AYU Int Res J Ayurveda 2008;29(2):77-83.
List the first six contributors followed by et al. Nozari Y, Hashemlu A, Hatmi ZN, Sheikhvatan M, Iravani A, Bazdar A, et al. Outcome of coronary artery bypass grafting in patients without major risk factors and patients with at least one major risk factor for coronary artery disease. Indian J Med Sci 2007;61:547-54.
Volume with supplement
Shen HM, Zhang QF. Risk assessment of nickel carcinogenicity and occupational lung cancer. Environ Health Perspect 1994;102 Suppl 1:275-82.
Issue with supplement
Payne DK, Sullivan MD, Massie MJ. Women's psychological reactions to breast cancer. Semin Oncol 1996; 23(1, Suppl 2):89-97.
Books and Other Monographs
Patwardhan K..Human Physiology in Ayurveda, Jaikrishnadas Series. 1st ed. Varanasi:Chaukhambha Orientalia;2008.
Deole Y.S.,Basisht G., editors. Charak Samhita New Edition. Jamnagar: Charak Samhita Research Training and Skill Development Centre; 2020.
Chapter in a book
Singh R.H.,Singh G., Sodhi J.S., Dixit U.. Deerghanjivitiya Adhyaya. In: Deole Y.S., Basisht G.,editors. Charak Samhita New Edition. 1st ed. Jamnagar: Charak Samhita Research Training and Skill Development Centre; 2020.pp.--.
Electronic Sources as reference
Journal article on the Internet
- Basisht GK. Symbiohealth-Need of the hour. AYU [serial online] 2011 [cited 2020 Jan 6];32:6-11. Available from: http://www.ayujournal.org/text.asp?2011/32/1/6/85715
Monograph on the Internet
- Deole Y.S., Shilwant A.A., authors. Ojas [monograph on the Internet]. Jamnagar: Charak Samhita Research, Training and Development Centre; 2020 [cited 2020 September 15]. Available from: http://www.carakasamhitaonline.com/mediawiki-1.32.1/index.php?title=Ojas.
- carakasamhitaonline.com[homepage on the Internet]. Jamnagar: Charak Samhita Research, Training and Development Centre; CCA-NC-SA 4.0 [updated 2020 Jul 29; cited 2020 Sep 15]. Available from: http://www.carakasamhitaonline.com/mediawiki-1.32.1/index.php?title=Main_Page.
Part of a homepage/Web site
- Gujarat Ayurved University [homepage on the Internet]. Jamnagar: The University; [updated 2019 Dec 31; cited 2020 Jan 07]. Gujarat Ayurved University; Available from: http://ayurveduniversity.edu.in/
References from Ayurvedic Classical Texts and Samhitas
The references from Ayurvedic Samhita should be given as per the guidelines given on page of References.