Panchakarma literally means five therapeutic procedures. These are generally indicated for expelling out the excessively aggravated dosha and maintain balance of dosha in body.
These are as follow:
1. Vamana ( therapeutic emesis)
2. Virechana (therapeutic purgation)
3. Basti (therapeutic enema) including Niruha (enema with medicinal decoction) and Anuvasana (enema with unctuous substance mainly oil)
4. Nasya ( nasal errhines/ drug delivery through nose)
5. Raktamokshana (blood letting modalities)